Who We Are
The Southeastern Indiana Recycling District (SEIRD) employs 22 individuals at 8 Recycle Centers and 7 Re-Use Centers throughout the 7 counties in our solid waste management district. We are a multi-county cooperative under the supervision of a board of directors made up of 21 local elected officials. Our counties comprise nearly 2,100 square miles consisting of 154,000 residents. The SEIRD Offices, the Learning Center, and the Processing Center are located in the Jefferson Proving Grounds, just north of Madison.
The Southeastern Indiana Recycling District exists to promote and practice good environmental stewardship throughout Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, and Switzerland Counties. Our efforts focus upon preserving and enhancing our environment, natural resources, and public health and safety by leading in the proper management of solid waste. This may be accomplished through the practice of recycling, the reuse of satisfactory items and ultimately the reduction in the volume of material disposals. Together we are partners in protecting the earth.
ABOUT US - What We Do
• Staff and maintain 8 Recycle Centers
• Collect recyclables at 65 schools weekly
• Assist 14 satellite recycling locations
• Provide the opportunity for residents to dispose of "difficult” items that are potentially harmful to human health and our environment.
• Such items include: Household Hazardous Waste, Tires, Batteries, Automotive Oil/Fluids, Electronic Waste, Pharmaceutical Waste, Refrigerant Bearing Items, Mercury, etc.
• Staff and manage 7 Re-Use Stores
• Re-Use stores host over 1200 visitors weekly
• SEIRD prepares trash/ recycling bids & contracts for district cities, towns, counties
• SEIRD assists counties in maintaining environmental compliance standards
• SEIRD works with/supports area chambers, safety programs, local events, etc.
DISASTER DEBRIS ASSISTANCE
• SEIRD assists all 7 counties in the removal of debris from disasters such as tornadoes, floods, ice storms, etc.
• SEIRD prepares damage assessment volumes throughout the district to help communities in removal cost calculations.
• Recycling grants provided to 11 communities offering curbside recycling and/or satellite recycling opportunities
Christy Duvall, Director/Controller
Emily Wolf, Assistant Director
Aaron Bell, Programs Coordinator
Rick Hubbard, Processing Supervisor
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Franklin County - Glen Bischoff ● Jefferson County - Pam Crozier, Ron Lee
Jennings County - Michael Gerth, Jerry Lamb, Matt Sporleder ● Ohio County - Myron Dennis, Steve Slack, Billy Hoffman
Ripley County - Mike Bettice, Mark Horstman, David Tebbing ● Scott County - John Miller, Greg Prince
Switzerland County - Lance Collier, Jamie Peters, Chris Riley
SEIRD is a political subdivision of the state of Indiana. We are governed by a board made up of elected officials
from the seven counties that make up our district: Franklin, Jefferson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, and Switzerland.
CAC Citizens Advisory Committee
Marty Mullin, Franklin County ● Sara Hare, Jefferson County ● Stephanie Hellmann, Jefferson County
Millie Martin, Ohio ● Paula Rasnick, Ripley County ● Jared Rogers, Ripley County
Steve Plasse, Scott County ● Sharon Hansel, Switzerland County
Main Office: 6556 N. Shun Pike Road JPG Bldg. #534 Madison, IN 47250
Phone: 1-800-997-4793 or 812-574-4080 Fax: 812-574-4082