- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD & PAPERBOARD Boxes should be broken down and flattened.
- NEWSPAPERSMust be dry.
- MIXED PAPEROffice, computer paper, junk mail. Keep dry.
- MAGAZINESMaterials including magazines and unwanted Phone books. Must be kept dry.
- Clean, dry plastic grocery bags. Also shrink wrap, dry cleaner bags, drink carton wraps.
PLASTICS #1 & #2
- PETE or #1 BOTTLES Soft drink, soda, water bottles. Please rinse.
- HDPE or #2 bottles. Milk & juice jugs, detergent & bleach containers. Please rinse.
- GLASS BOTTLES All glass food and beverage bottles: clear, green, brown. Please rinse.
ACCEPTED PROBLEM WASTES
- COMPUTERS & MONITORS
TELEVISIONS, STEREOS, DVD PLAYERS, PHONES, VCRS, PRINTERS, SCANNERS.
Electronic devices with a screen:$15 per unit.
- Disposal of Fluorescent Bulbs is free for residents. The fee for all businesses and organizations is $1 per bulb.
- CAR BATTERIES Must not be cracked and must have caps on cells.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES Rechargeable batteries are accepted. Please no alkaline batteries.
METALS & ALUMINUM
- ALUMINUM Soft drink and beer cans. Please rinse and separate from metal cans.
- STEEL/TIN Food, soup, vegetables, etc. Please wash.
- SCRAP METAL Remove gas tanks, fuels, batteries from appliances. No wire fencing.
- ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE: Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers, dehumidifiers, $15 per unit.
OIL, FILTERS, ANTIFREEZE
- Limit: 5 gallons of motor oil.
- AUTO/PICK UP (limit 10) $2 off rim, $3 on rim
- LARGE TRACTOR TIRE (limit 4) $20 off rim, $25 on rim
- SEMI TRUCK TIRES (limit 4) $6 off rim, $10 on rim
- SUPER SINGLE: $10
- BOBCAT/LIFT/SKID STEER: $3
- ATV: $1
Pharmaceutical Waste Disposal
Sharps and lancets can be disposed of at the Scott County Health Depatment. Unused narcotic medicines and non-controlled medications can be taken to the Scott County Sheriff's Department or Austin Police Department 24/7.
Rules for Recycling
- No commercial materials accepted
- All HHW disposals must have the original label attached SEIRD cannot accepted unidentifiable substances
- Do not leave items after facility has closed
- Please find an attendant if you have tires, appliances, televisions, or need assistance in unloading your items.
- Please remove all lids from containers and rinse thoroughly
- No latex-based paints accepted. (This also applies to latex-based enamel paints)
- No propane or fuel tanks accepted
- Please call ahead with any questions about items not listed
- Fees apply to tires.
Drop off Locations:
Stacey's Marathon, Tue. 3:30-7:00pm
Finley Firehouse, Wed. 3:30-7:00pm
Minute Mart (Lexington) Thu. 3:30-7:00pm
Scott Co. Tire, Sat. 10:00am-2:00pm
SEIRD Scott County Reuse Center
4689 Double or Nothing Road
Hours of Operation: Mon., Wed., Fri.: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sat. 9:00am - noon
- All Items are FREE!
- Smoke-Free Facility
- No Food or Drink
- Children must be attended at all times
Please help us by following these simples rules:
- Leave reusable items only. No trash, broken, stained, dirty, or ripped items.
- Shopping is limited to one time per week.
- Limit shopping time to 20 minutes - No loitering.
- Items taken are not to be sold. No items are to be put in yard sales, consignment shops, or Ebay as examples.
- Limit of 4 items per person, except clothing.
- Limit of 5 books.
- Please show attendant items that you intend to leave on site.
- The attendant has the right to distribute items at his/her discretion.
- Please help keep clothing neatly folded or hung.
- This facility is provided for the citizens of Scott County to share/swap/exchange items that are in good condition/working order.
- Working Household appliances
- Lawnmowers and other yard equipment
- Electric and hand tools
- Clean Clothing
- Exercise equipment
- Other useful and reusable items
- Please respect the generosity of others
- Take only what you need
Do Not Bring
- Broken/intermittent or non-working equipment
- Items covered with dirt or bird droppings
- Dirty or ripped clothing
- Underwear or hats
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses or bedding
- Old paints that have been frozen, dried, thinned or contaminated
- Books with mold/mildew, missing covers and/or pages
- Items that are potentially hazardous because of flaws or faults