- Cardboard (please break down and flatten boxes)
- Mixed paper, including paperboard
- Newspapers and magazines (please separate and keep dry)
- Computer paper
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jugs
- Aluminum/steel cans
Household Hazardous Waste
- Computers and monitors (limit two systems)
- Cellular phones
- TVs (limit 2)
Fluorescent Bulbs (limit 8)
- Oil, filters and antifreeze (limit 5 gallons motor oil)
- A/C units
- Auto and pickup tires (limit 10) $1.00 ea. off rim, $2.00 ea. on rim
- Semi truck tire (limit 4) $5.00 ea, off rim; $10.00 ea. on rim
- Front Tractor Tire: $3.00 ea (limit 2)
- Rear Tractor tire: $10.00 ea. (limit 2)
- Scrap metal
- Car batteries (must not be cracked and must have caps on cells)
- Rechargeable batteries: (ni-mh, ni-cd, ni-zn, li-ion, pb, button type batteries)
- No alkaline batteries accepted
Medical waste may be dropped off at Hancock Pharmacy, Medical Arts Pharmacy and Austin Pharmacy. Unused narcotic medicines should be taken to the Scott County Sheriff's Department 24/7.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Special collection days are held the 2nd Saturday of each month from 11:00am-1:00pm
Rules for Recycling
- No commercial materials accepted
- All HHW disposals must have the original label attached SEIRD cannot accepted unidentifiable substances
- Do not leave items after facility has closed
- Please find an attendant if you have tires, appliances, televisions, or need assistance in unloading your items.
- Please remove all lids from containers and rinse thoroughly
- No latex-based paints accepted. (This also applies to latex-based enamel paints)
- No propane or fuel tanks accepted
- Please call ahead with any questions about items not listed
- Fees apply to tires.
Drop off Locations:
Stacey's Marathon, Tue. 3:30-7:00pm
Finley Firehouse, Wed. 3:30-7:00pm
Minute Mart (Lexington) Thu. 3:30-7:00pm
Scott Co. Tire, Sat. 10:00am-2:00pm
SEIRD Scott County Reuse Center
4689 Double or Nothing Road
Hours of Operation: Mon., Wed., Fri.: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sat. 9:00am - noon
- All Items are FREE!
- Smoke-Free Facility
- No Food or Drink
- Children must be attended at all times
Please help us by following these simples rules:
- Leave reusable items only. No trash, broken, stained, dirty, or ripped items.
- Shopping is limited to one time per week.
- Limit shopping time to 20 minutes - No loitering.
- Items taken are not to be sold. No items are to be put in yard sales, consignment shops, or Ebay as examples.
- Limit of 4 items per person, except clothing.
- Limit of 5 books.
- Please show attendant items that you intend to leave on site.
- The attendant has the right to distribute items at his/her discretion.
- Please help keep clothing neatly folded or hung.
- This facility is provided for the citizens of Scott County to share/swap/exchange items that are in good condition/working order.
- Working Household appliances
- Lawnmowers and other yard equipment
- Electric and hand tools
- Clean Clothing
- Exercise equipment
- Good paint and painting products in original containers
- Other useful and reusable items
- Please respect the generosity of others
- Take only what you need
Do Not Bring
- Broken/intermittent or non-working equipment
- Items covered with dirt or bird droppings
- Dirty or ripped clothing
- Underwear or hats
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses or bedding
- Old paints that have been frozen, dried, thinned or contaminated
- Books with mold/mildew, missing covers and/or pages
- Items that are potentially hazardous because of flaws or faults