2710 N. Hasmer Hill Road
Osgood, IN 47037
Recycling Center: Mon.and Fri. 8:00am-3:00pm; Tues. and Thurs., 12:00pm-6:00pm; and Sat. 8:00 am-Noon
Reuse Center: Tues. and Thurs. Noon-6:00pm and Sat. 8:00am-Noon
NOTICE: This site accepts Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) such as cleaning chemicals, oil based paints and stains, insecticides and herbicides, etc. Special collections will fall on designated Saturdays in March, June, and September throughout the year. Please consult the downloadable brochure for your county on this website to confirm exact collection dates and times. Residents of the Southeastern Indiana Recycling District may dispose of HHW year-round (during regular business hours) at the Jefferson County Recycling Center in Madison. Currently there is no fee for this service.
SEIRD Recycle Centers are no longer accepting
any oil-based paints and stains except on designated HHW collection days.
Fluorescent tubes and bulbs are the only HHW drop off items accepted at this
recycling center during normal business hours. In addition, any
unlabeled/unidentifiable items or latex paints can no longer be accepted. There
is no charge for this service.
Pharmaceutical Waste Disposal
Residents may dispose of medical waste, such as syringes and unused medicines,
at the Ripley County Health Department during normal business hours. Controlled
substances (narcotics) can be dropped off at the Ripley County Sheriff's
Department and the Batesville Police Department 24/7 at no charge.
- Cardboard (please break down and flatten boxes
- Mixed paper, including paperboard
- Newspapers and magazines (please separate and keep dry)
- Computer paper
- #1-#7 plastic bottles,containers, and jugs
- Glass food and beverage containers
- Aluminum/steel cans
- Computers and monitors (limit two systems)
- Stereos, DVD players, phones, etc.
- TVs -(limit 2)
Fluorescent Bulbs (limit 8)
- Oil, filters and antifreeze (limit 5 gallons motor oil)
- Auto and pickup tires (limit 10) $1.00 ea. off rim, $2.00 ea. on rim
- Semi-truck tire (limit 4) $5.00 ea, off rim; $10.00 ea. on rim
- Front Tractor Tire: $3.00 ea (limit 2)
- Rear Tractor tire: $10.00 ea. (limit 2)
- Car batteries (must not be cracked and must have caps on cells)
Residents may dispose of medical waste, such as syringes and unused medicines, at the Ripley County Health Department during normal business hours. Controlled substances (narcotics) can be dropped off at the Ripley County Sheriff's Department and the Batesville Police Department 24/7 at no charge.
Rules for Recycling
- No commercial materials accepted.
- Do not leave items after facility has closed.
- Please find an attendant if you have tires, appliances, televisions, or need assistance.
- Please remove all lids from containers and rinse thoroughly.
- No latex-based paints accepted.
- No propane or fuel tanks accepted.
- Please call ahead with any questions about items not listed.
Located at the Ripley County Recycling Center,
2710 N. Hasmer Hill Rd., Osgood
Hours: Tues. and Thurs. Noon-6:00pm and Sat. 8:00am-Noon
- All Items are FREE!
- Smoke-Free Facility
- No Food or Drink
- Children must be attended at all times
Please help us by following these simples rules:
- Leave reusable items only. No trash, broken, stained, dirty, or ripped items.
- Shopping is limited to one time per week.
- Limit shopping time to 20 minutes - No loitering.
- Items taken are not to be sold. No items are to be put in yard sales, consignment shops, or Ebay as examples.
- Limit of 4 items per person, except clothing.
- Limit of 5 books.
- Please show attendant items that you intend to leave on site.
- The attendant has the right to distribute items at his/her discretion.
- Please help keep clothing neatly folded or hung.
- This facility is provided for the citizens of Ripley County to share/swap/exchange items that are in good condition/working order.
- Working Household appliances
- Lawnmowers and other yard equipment
- Electric and hand tools
- Clean Clothing
- Exercise equipment
- Good paint and painting products in original containers
- Other useful and reusable items
- Please respect the generosity of others
- Take only what you need
Do Not Bring
- Broken/intermittent or non-working equipment
- Items covered with dirt or bird droppings
- Dirty or ripped clothing
- Underwear or hats
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses or bedding
- Old paints that have been frozen, dried, thinned or contaminated
- Books with mold/mildew, missing covers and/or pages
- Items that are potentially hazardous because of flaws or faults
For information about volunteering, please call SEIRD at 812.574.4080.