Household Hazardous WasteFluorescent Bulbs (limit 8)
- Computers and monitors (*limit two systems)
- Cellular Phones
- TVs (limit 2)
- Cardboard (please break down and flatten boxes)
- Mixed paper, including paperboard
- Newspapers and magazines (please separate and keep dry)
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jugs
- Steel cans
- Oil, filters and antifreeze (limit 5 gallons motor oil)
- Refrigerators, A/C units, dehumidifiers
- Passenger/pick up $1.00 ea. off rim, $2.00 ea. on rim (limit 10)
- Semi-truck tire $5.00 ea, off rim; $10.00 ea. on rim (limit 4)
- Front Tractor Tire: $3.00 ea (limit 2)
- Rear Tractor tire: $10.00 ea. (limit 2)
- Car batteries (must not be cracked and must have caps on cells)
- Rechargeable batteries (ni-mh, ni-cd, ni-zn, li-ion, pb, button type batteries)
- No alkaline batteries accepted
Pharmaceutical Waste Disposal
Ohio County residents may take their medical waste to the Ohio County Health Department. Controlled medicines (narcotics) are to be taken to the Rising Sun Police Dept.
Rules for Recycling
- No commercial materials accepted.
- Do not leave items after facility has closed.
- Please remove all lids from containers and rinse thoroughly.
- No latex-based paints accepted.
- No propane or fuel tanks accepted.
- Please call ahead with any questions about items not listed.
- Fees apply to some recyclables.
SEIRD Ohio County Reuse Center
4154 State Road 56, Rising Sun
Hours: Mon. Wed. Fri. Noon–5pm and Sat. 8am–Noon
New hours effective May 2, Monday, Wednesday and Friday open from 1:00-6:00pm and Sat. 8:00am-Noon.
- All Items are FREE!
- Smoke-Free Facility
- No Food or Drink
- Children must be attended at all times
Please help us by following these simples rules:
- Leave reusable items only. No trash, broken, stained, dirty, or ripped items.
- Shopping is limited to one time per week.
- Limit shopping time to 20 minutes - No loitering.
- Items taken are not to be sold. No items are to be put in yard sales, consignment shops, or Ebay as examples.
- Limit of 4 items per person, except clothing.
- Limit of 5 books.
- Please show attendant items that you intend to leave on site.
- The attendant has the right to distribute items at his/her discretion.
- Please help keep clothing neatly folded or hung.
- This facility is provided for the citizens of Ohio County to share/swap/exchange items that are in good condition/working order.
- Working Household appliances
- Lawnmowers and other yard equipment
- Electric and hand tools
- Clean Clothing
- Exercise equipment
- Good paint and painting products in original containers
- Other useful and reusable items
- Please respect the generosity of others
- Take only what you need
Do Not Bring
- Broken/intermittent or non-working equipment
- Items covered with dirt or bird droppings
- Dirty or ripped clothing
- Underwear or hats
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses or bedding
- Old paints that have been frozen, dried, thinned or contaminated
- Books with mold/mildew, missing covers and/or pages
- Items that are potentially hazardous because of flaws or faults
For information about volunteering, please call SEIRD at 812.574.4080.