- Cardboard (please break down and flatten boxes
- Mixed paper, including paperboard
- Newspapers and magazines (please separate and keep dry)
- Computer paper
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jugs
- Aluminum/steel cans (SEIRD does not pay for aluminum)
Household Hazardous Waste
- Computers and monitors (limit two systems)
- Cellular phones
- TVs (limit 2) - Fee currently waived
Fluorescent Bulbs (limit 8)
- Oil, filters and antifreeze (limit 5 gallons motor oil)
- Refrigerators -Fee currently waived
- A/C units -Fee currently waived
- Dehumidifiers -Fee currently waived (Limit 2 units, remove all foods/liquids, and please air out)
- Auto and pickup tires (limit 10) $1.00 ea. off rim, $2.00 ea. on rim
- Used tires-Slight fee
- Semi-truck tire (limit 4) $5.00 ea, off rim; $10.00 ea. on rim
- No tractor tires, loader, grader or tires on rims (must be taken to SEIRD in Madison.)
- Scrap metal (SEIRD does not pay for scrap metal)
- Car batteries (must not be cracked and must have caps on cells)
- Rechargeable batteries: (ni-mh, ni-cd, ni-zn, li-ion, pb, button type batteries,alkaline batteries not accepted )
- No alkaline batteries accepted
Rules for Recycling
- No commercial materials accepted
- Do not leave items after facility has closed
- Please find an attendant if you have tires, appliances, televisions, or need assistance in unloading your items.
- Please remove all lids from containers and rinse thoroughly
SEIRD Franklin County Reuse Center
Located at the Franklin Co. Recycling Center
Hours: Tues. and Thurs. 9:00am-3:00pm and Sat. 9:00am-Noon
- All Items are FREE!
- Smoke-Free Facility
- No Food or Drink
- Children must be attended at all times
Please help us by following these simples rules:
- Leave reusable items only. No trash, broken, stained, dirty, or ripped items.
- Shopping is limited to one time per week.
- Limit shopping time to 20 minutes - No loitering.
- Items taken are not to be sold. No items are to be put in yard sales, consignment shops, or Ebay as examples.
- Limit of 4 items per person, except clothing.
- Limit of 5 books.
- Please show attendant items that you intend to leave on site.
- The attendant has the right to distribute items at his/her discretion.
- Please help keep clothing neatly folded or hung.
- This facility is provided for the citizens of Franklin County to share/swap/exchange items that are in good condition/working order.
- Working Household appliances
- Lawnmowers and other yard equipment
- Electric and hand tools
- Clean Clothing
- Exercise equipment
- Good paint and painting products in original containers
- Other useful and reusable items
- Please respect the generosity of others
- Take only what you need
Do Not Bring
- Broken/intermittent or non-working equipment
- Items covered with dirt or bird droppings
- Dirty or ripped clothing
- Underwear or hats
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses or bedding
- Old paints that have been frozen, dried, thinned or contaminated
- Books with mold/mildew, missing covers and/or pages
- Items that are potentially hazardous because of flaws or faults